H+P embraced team spirit and decided to try the 2.5km relay event at the Laurier Loop today. We entered 6 relay teams and completely owned the top 10 positions in the overall 2.5km! Here’s how we did:
H+P took spots 1-10 in the overall 2.5km ranking, AND all finished within 50 seconds of each other:
1) Jon: 8:08
2) Sean: 8:15
3) Greg: 8:33
4) Graham: 8:36
5) Nick: 8:37
6) Alex: 8:39
7) Brendan: 8:44
8) Dem: 8:53
9) Pat: 8:56
10) Larry: 8:58
The H+P ladies also owned the podium, taking spots 1-6:
1) Alex: 9:10
2) Erin: 9:17
3) Gill: 9:36
4) Emily: 9:56
5) Robyn: 10:02
6) Vicki: 10:13
Dem and Robyn both ran away with 1st OA Masters
Spots 15-19 were all H+P (Alex, Erin, Adam, Gill and Brian, as were spots 26-31 (Robyn, Jan, Vicki, Jody, Terry and Trevor)!
The top 4 relay teams were also all H+P teams, and H+Pers made up 6 teams (plus two honourary teams) in total:
1) Another H+P Men’s Team (Greg, Jon, Nick, Brendan): 33:59 total
2) H+P Men’s Team (Pat, Trevor, Adam, Graham): 37:24 total
3) H+P Masters Men (Larry, Jan, Brian, Dem): 37:42 total
4) H+P Women’s A-Team (Erin, Gill, Alex, Robyn): 38:04 total
6) H+P Cocktail (Vicki, Mike, Val, Alex): 40:44 total
8) WYTC (Jody, Jodi and friends): 43:54 total
10) Delanghe Chiro & Health/ H+P (Emily, Sean Kayla, Steph): 45:49 toal
14) The Tortoise and the Hare (Catherine & family): 50:10 total
Dave ran a speedy time of 18:48 – good enough for 4th OA and 1st in his AG!
Jon McGrath ran a solid 20:15 on the not-so-easy course to earn 3rd in his AG!
Christine made a wrong turn and somehow still ran an impressive time of 22:23 and took 1st OA for masters!
Heidi also earned 1st in her AG, running 28:08
Sandi ran a solid race in 29:42.
Somehow every H+Per PB’d the 10km distance dispite the slower course with lots of turns:
Aidan PB’d, earned an H+P C-Standard, AND placed 2nd OA in a blazing fast 36:39!
Andrew ran finished in the top 10 OA in 41:38, placing 2nd in his AG.
Reza ran yet another PB (his 11th in a row) of 42:06, placing 1st in his AG.
Olas earned 1st in his AG in 49:50 – also a PB!
Meredith DESTROYED this race, running a H+P Career Best ranking performance, a PB, AND earned 2nd in her AG in 58:31!
Thanks for a fun race team – back to the grind with INTERVALS TOMORROW!