The time has come to crush some goals! Times are tough, these courses are tough, but H+Pers are tougher!
WHAT IS IT?
A solo, virtual 5K, half marathon, 39K cycling TT OR various combinations of the three.
11 days (June 12-21st) – improperly noted as the 13th- 21st in the video.
Note that you have 24 hours to complete the run challenge, and 48 to complete the multisport challenge.
HOW IS IT TIMED?
Completion of the Strava segments only- this is the only way times will be accepted unless extreme extenuating circumstances are expressed.
WAYS TO RACE:
- Chose one of the individual events and ace it.
- Complete the RUN challenge (5K + 21.1K, must be completed within 24 hours)
- Complete the Multisport challenge (all three events must be completed with 48 hours)
HOW ARE THE RACES RANKED?
- Run challenge- 5K + HM time
- Multisport challenge- SUM of your finishing positions in all 3 events (lower the score the better)
- Those who complete only the run challenge will be given a last place ranking in the cycling event to include them in the multisport event
- PRO TIP: Just spinning the bike loop will buy you another 24 hours + make sure you rank above anybody who skips it
- Conduct each stage 100% solo – no support, no pacing, let’s keep it both COVID-19 safe, but also a fun way to make it an EXTRA personal challenge
- H+P ONLY- Keep on the DL as we don’t want it opening up and the routes getting cluttered
- Make sure you know how to conquer a Strava segment!
- Overall, 0-39, Masters, 40-49, 50-59, 60+
- Simply online props and personal satisfaction
Exact Strava segments coming soon. These are just intros.
Keys: Stay on the path and the right side of the road as you run down Hagey contrary to what this map shows. Start point is just after the roundabout at Laurelwood/Westmount. End point is just after the start point- make sure your watch hits at least 5.1K before you stop.
Keys: 2 loop of hill madness. This isn’t for the faint of heart. 2 loops of suffering. Start point is on Wilby close to Wilmot heading West. Yes you have to run horror hill twice.
Keys: Starts at Weimer just after you cross Mosser Young. You complete 2 full loops. Then, on the 3rd partial loop the finish is at the top of the final climb on Hessen Strasse heading East. This is the safest loop we could think of that we all know well. It’s important to use a huge amount of caution when making the R-hand turns, especially those at stop signs. Drivers can be crazy, as a responsible adult who knows your own limits, you are assuming all of the risk when riding this loop! Please be safe and go in willing to lose a few seconds when making those turns.
That’s it! Let the questions roll in our Facebook group so we can make sure nothing was missed. Happy training!