Reminder: With the offseason looming, our overall volume won’t be very high until the New Year. That being said, we still want to maintain our hard earned fitness so we can hit the ground running in 2022.
So, we’re on to week 3 of our 6 week 5K plan- let’s keep that baseline fitness going into the holidays!
H+P FULL VOLUME WORKOUT (all distances) Week 3 of 6
15 minutes easy WU
5x100m strides, jog back to start
2 sets of:
5′ tempo @ HMP
2×2.5′ @ 5K + pace, 90s easy, 3-5′ in between sets
Cycling Workout from Physio Sayaka:
- Base building workout #2
3’ @ 50%
3’ @ 60%
3’ @ 70%
4 sets of:
3x[2’ @ 80%/ 1’@ 90%]
- Always perform ~5-10 min of cardio warm up by walking/cycling and 1-2 warm up sets using the Olympic bar before placing weights one bar if possible
- Don’t have heavy weights? Use items around the house like books in a reusable shopping bag. It may not be perfect but something is better than nothing!
- RM= rep max
- If you need clarification, let us know!
- Aim to do each day 1x with at least 2 days off in between.
DAY 1- HEAVIER WEIGHTS
- 3×10 @ 10RM (heavy so that the last 1-2 are very effortful)
Step-ups w/ dumbbells in hand
Core – 2x
- High plank w/ shoulder taps x 20 total
- High plank on exercise ball x 16 total
DAY 2- LIGHTER WEIGHT
Single leg glute bridge
Bent Over Row
Front Plank w/ shoulder touches
- 3×20 shoulder taps
Front plank w/ leg taps- 3×10 leg taps each side