It’s time to get (semi) serious! We’re not going to go all out, but looking forward, there’s not a lot of time to waste. This is what we have coming up:
- H+P’s club 5K in mid-January (Details TBA)
- Run Waterloo’s Re-Fridgee-8er (Details TBA)
- The Chilly half: A big A-goal for many, and a setup for other spring races the rest.
At this point, we have 12 weeks until Chilly. Over the next 12, we will be gearing the training to peak on March 5th, which will also help to set you up for bigger spring goals afterwards. We’ll also be providing guidance on a beginner AND advanced LR option if you want a general idea of what to do on the weekends.
Over the next 12 weeks, you can expect:
- 9 fairly tough- to-very tough workouts
- 12 long runs, 6 of which will be very tough
- 3 recovery/taper weeks
H+P 22/23 Winter Block: Week 1 of 12
10′ tempo @ HMP
3×3′ @ 5K effort, 90s easy
Beginner option: 12-13K easy
Advanced option: 16K with 3K @ HMP/ effort