It’s hard to believe, but another year has come and gone. We’re looking forward to helping all of you in some capacity in 2022 as you try to hit your endurance sports goals! Here’s what we have lined up!
(1) FREE TO JOIN
- Through COVID we started this, and we’re going to keep it rolling! It was a hassle for little benefit.
- Register for the year HERE. No need to do so if you’ve registered in previous years.
- There is the option to make a $40 donation when you register which will go toward prizes, keeping a stock of singlets, having some swag for our volunteers, etc.
(2) In-person workout Wednesdays
- 6pm in Waterloo AND Toronto- these will be our key in-person sessions!
- From 5K- Ironman, a speed session/week is the staple of almost every training plan- this is the place to do it!
- Can’t make our workout Wednesday? We are going to continue posting workouts all year round for you to do solo or with some friends. We started this through COVID and it’s gone really well- it’s awesome seeing people hit the same workout all over the place when we log into Strava!
- We will also keep our community going online in the Facebook Group, Rankings Page, e-mail updates, Strava club/ challenges and beyond. Connect in all these ways HERE.
- In the past we have updated these lists/groups every year with updated registration- we will no longer be doing this. It’s a lot of hassle, and really even if you’re less involved, we still love having you as part of the community.
- We’ll continue to add new members, but if anybody who wants to be removed from the rankings page, just let us know!
- Make sure to check the requirements if you are going for a club record OR standard.
(4) EVIDENCE-BASED VIRTUAL COACHING
- If you decide you need more personal help, we have two coaches ready to help.
- Each have undergraduate and graduate degrees in all things human physiology and performance and have worked in healthcare for over 10 years. Plus, they have both trained and competed in endurance sports for 20+ years!
- From the Arctic mile, the FiveBy5K, the scavenger hunt, the SVEC and beyond, there have been a lot of fun virtual challenges through COVID, so we’re going to keep some of these rolling for sure!
(6) Monthly team races/socials
- It might be a H+P only race, a cycling TT, a scouting session of an upcoming race, or maybe even a Run Waterloo race- but at least once a month there will be something going on for us to come together and suffer!
(7) Winter Zwift fun
- At this point we are aiming for 2 sessions/week in the offseason to keep people engaged, fit and injury-free. Periodized, custom workouts will be provided to help keep you rolling in the offseason.
- Learn more HERE.
That’s it! Things have grown in a huge way with the club over the last 10 years. Use some, all, or none of these components to help achieve your goals and have some fun along the way. Looking forward to seeing what 2022 brings to this amazing community!